Monday, September 21, 2015

The Voices in My Head

"Every masterpiece is just dirt and ash put together in some perfect way." - Chuck Palahniuk

I have voices in my head
Voices that keep me company
Voices that hate me
Voices that love me

There are many of them
All of them are women
Voices that speak to me
Voices that I hear

One of the voices is of Jean's
Her voice speaks to me like a pillow
Like a sanctuary I can rest
Like heaven when I listen

She sings like a songbird
Who flew me to a past not far away
She made me fly
She made me try

Her voice I yearn
But it never speaks anymore
I long to hear your voice
One more time

Another of the voice is of a friend
Whom I never heard before today
I always imagined it different
Her face did not match her voice

When she spoke
She spoke like ice
When I hear her speak
Frost forms in my ear

Ice, the way the world had turned her cold
The way that society made her feel
She was given the cold shoulder by the world
Now, she gives it back to the world

Now the last voice, bore the same name as the second
Her voice, also did not match her face
And a voice that would haunt me
From the moment I heard it

Her voice sounded like darkness
The voice I hear when I drown
The voice that beckons me to stop fighting
And just sink down

She speaks her life.
She's drowning in her sorrows
And life just keeps telling her
To sink right down.

Just so you know, she still loves you. She wouldn't bother to torture you if she didn't." - Chuck Palahniuk

No comments:

Post a Comment