Monday, September 21, 2015

The Masterpiece

"a certain pang of grief between the ribs, you were gone that quickly." - Pablo Neruda
A silence hung, where I sat
At the coffee table where I read your chat
The love that I carried through for you
It was gone in an instant, just as quickly, too.

You were the one masterpiece
That ash and dust arranged perfectly
The angel that saved me for the rapture
There were no words to describe you, so I'd go with Jean Gladys

You read "To All The Boys You've Loved Before"
But I know full well I'm not one of them
Because when I read "I'm sorry Deo"
The darkness shattered the world that I once saw

But, despite the pain and suffering I gain
I sit here, desperately waiting in the heat or rain
Covered in nothing but the scars of my past
And the endless hope of that moment

That moment when you finally pick me up from the ground
Where you hold my hand and say, "It will be okay"
And by God, I believe in miracles, I believe that the light in my life will come
You will bring it back, I know you will.

I held my heart for the longest time, and when I gave it to you, you took it.
I asked for your heart back, and I got nothing in return.
What do I put in here, it remains an empty shell
It waits, patiently, for your heart to reside in it

The rain pours loudly on the windows
The windows of the room I met you
When you left, the rain poured hard
But when I met you, the sun shone bright

Maybe hell is already here, and I'm paying for my sins
Hell is what we fear the most
Which is why Hell is the absence of you
And I live it every day

For two hundred and fifty days I wait
And nothing changes
But when I look back
Why was everything so different?

Jean Gladys Vicente, I've exhausted all the adjectives
Exhausted all the pleas
Exausted all the metaphors and similes
And exhausted all my love

I don't know how I keep on
But I will
And I wait, until it kills me
And even beyond then.

"so I wait for you like a lonely house, till you will see me again and live in me. Till then my windows ache." - Pablo Neruda

No comments:

Post a Comment