Thursday, July 23, 2015

Forgiveness

"I'm a searchlight soul they say... But I can't see it in the night." - Soundgarden

Forgive me for being this way, I didn't know how to work it out. 

Forgive me for always being angry at you, I didn't know how to react.

Forgive me for being depressed, I didn't know how to be happy.

Forgive me for being unable to forget you, I didn't want to let go.

Forgive me for not letting go, I had nowhere to fall on.

Forgive me for loving you, I had no one else.

Forgive me for trying, I did not want to sit by.

Most of all, forgive me for sticking to you, I was busy making my dreams come true.

Forgive me for all of these things, and I promise I'll forgive you.

I'll forgive you for breaking my heart, I'm sure you had your reasons.

I'll forgive you for the pain you have caused me, they were mine to begin with.

I'll forgive you for never holding on, I never deserved you.

I'll forgive you for never giving me a shot, I'm sure you mean the best.

I'll forgive you for never thinking of me every night, I'm sure he's well into your thoughts.

I'll forgive you for the countless messages, texts, and calls you never returned, I'm sure I meant nothing to you.

I'll forgive you for cancelling our date, you were busy making your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment