Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Void

"I looked around devouring hope." - Pablo Neruda
The darkness surrounded me like a hug
A hug I so warmly wanted from you
That you couldn't give
Because for some reason beyond me

The room slowly fades to grey
Like a film slowly losing its color
My world turned into a shallow parlor
What else is there to say

My words to you are hollow
The meaning in them is pointless
When at the face of you, they cease to exist
Why does the silence destroy me so?

Tonight my heart screams to the rain
To the thunderstorms it beckons your name
The roar of thunder matches the beat of heart
With pain and despair and rageful spirit it yells

Tonight my longing cannot be quelled
The raging spirit cannot be contained
A longing that cannot be quenched
But is powerless at the face of you

No matter how rageful my spirit beats
No matter how vigorous I yearn for you
It is nothing, when it cannot do anything
All it does is destroy me from the inside

"I watched the void without you that is like a house." - Pablo Neruda


No comments:

Post a Comment