Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Lost Souls

"You cannot defeat a man who has nothing to lose." - Saul Mathers
The ice-cold rain pierces my skin like a iron in a furnace
The ground beneath me breathes out petrichor like acid
My back is hunched and my shoulders slouched
My body has bore the weight of my soul too long

It's insane to think that emptiness of you seemed so heavy
Heavier than steel upon steel tied to a rock in the ocean
Oh how the silence screams at me at my darkest hour
Where the sun is just blinding to me now

O, Gladys why did you go? Will you come back?
Every shaking ounce of my soul yearns for your return
I hope you can hear the shrieks and screams of my heart
For they are not with me, they are with you wherever you go

May my thoughts of you keep me up at night and tear me apart
May the absence of you bear weight on my soul like an anchor
May the silence of you deafen my soul and resound its hope
May the ignorance of you draw me closer to your heart and soul

The touch of your hand feels like a welcoming fire
To a soul traversing the coldest path alone
Your smile is a radiance much needed
To a journey through the darkest days

Your presence completes me and fills me up
Like the collected rain water on a September shower
Your spirit is the rope that keeps me up when I feel so down
Your heart pushes me on when I refuse to move

The weight of the world means nothing
When upon my shoulders your hand relieves me
I can rest easy in the memory of your love for me
It will keep me going for the rest of my days

You are my muse, Dante's Beatrice
I fear no hell if you are to guide me through
I fear no fight if you are to cheer me on
I fear no evil if you are to hold me on

May my words bear weight upon your heart
May it resound upon you with a staggering force
May you realize the love I have for you
Can never be matched by any man alive

My soul gellfully yearns the day you come back
The smile on my face can never depart
The warmth in my heart can never be set apart
Waiting for the day that you I no longer lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment