Thursday, April 14, 2016

Immeasurable

"As if you were on fire from within, the moon lives in the lining of your skin." - Pablo Neruda

Heaven-sent and God-granted
She came into my life
I was a smoldering wreck of despair and hatred
Barren with strife

She came and changed it all
She raised me from the sunken depths
I felt I could stand tall
She looked at me with love and depth

I'm confused my mind is in a haze
What is this? What's going on?
In light of everything I am unfazed
My mind drones on and on

She makes me smile, she makes me laugh
She gives me love, she gives me hope
I feel strong I feel tough
With all my problems I can quote

Maybe perhaps infinity is not right
To even begin to measure how much I love you
No mountain can ever reach the height
Of how far I can go for you

Everything about you exudes elegance
The pallor of a Hellenic Goddess of Olympus
With you I feel like Hercules' and your guidance
You are my guide, you are my muse

Achilles cannot begin to compare
How immortal I feel when I'm with you
I could beat to death even Patroclus I dare
When they even think of hurting you

With love I embrace you tightly
With my white hot passion I cradle
My love should not be taken lightly
For you I do things I wasn't able

I want to be with you now and then
Every moment in your grace
To tell you I love you again and again
To feel nothing but your face

No comments:

Post a Comment