Friday, July 1, 2016

Burden

"I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is when you say 'you too' when I tell you you're the best. And there are no words for that."

Each of us walks this world with weights
The weight of our past, the shackles of the present, and the chain of our future
I walk this world with a weight so heavy I can barely move
I walk the pace of an aged tortoise, all his strength devoted to carrying his shell

Then I met you, my heart just grew, my burden, though chained, felt so light
Robbie, you shone a light into my soul that I thought I would never ever see
These words are all I have, but they are as real as the sun that rises each day
As real as my love for you, this is the only way I can express it

You carry your own burdens too, heavier than mine or not, I do not know
I will never know, and I may never know. But in everything that I do not know
There is one thing I know for certain, because I know it's true.
When your burdens get too heavy to bear, get on my back, I will carry you

I won't give up on you, not today, not until the end of everything.
So don't give up on me, give up on us, give up on this.
We will make this work, and we will create beauty and passion
From the recesses of our burdens and sadness we will create

Our love will be the furnace that forges our happiness
We will fashion happiness out of the sadness of our past
I will instill in you the happiness you deserve and want
And you will instill in me the love I need and the joy I earned

When times seem so hard, and the world may seem against us
We will look them dead in the eye and charge forward
And they will all fall down at our feet, defeated
For nothing short of God himself can conquer us

Robelle, I'm never going to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment