Monday, July 11, 2016

Reasons

"How lucky I am to have someone that makes saying goodbye so hard." - A.A. Milne

            People always ask me what I find in you, Robelle, so enthralling. What special trait, personality, or feature I found in you that won me, after a year of promising never to love someone again? What was it that broke Isaiah's stone walled heart? What was the thing that got him to open up again, to risk getting hurt, to risk reliving all the pain he endured a year ago? What did Robelle do, for Isaiah to make him try one more time, after he finally called it quits?

              I don't know how to express it properly in English, so I will say it in Tagalog. Napakaraming dahilan kung bakit minahal kita. Ngunit, hindi ko masabi ito ng isa-isa lamang. Dahil ang pinagsama-sama lamang nito ang dahilan kung bakit mahal kita. Hindi ito pwede isa-isahin kasi pwede itong gayahin ng kahit sino. Pero ang kabuuan ng mga dahilan kung bakit mahal kita, ikaw lamang ang nakakagawa noon. 

                There are a million reasons why I love you, what made me fall for you, and what made me take the risk. But I can't put it into words. But, the only thing that gives my efforts any meaning is when you tell me 'I love you too' when I tell you I love you.

                   And by God, no words can ever express how happy I feel going to sleep reading those words. How happy I wake up, that finally, the risk I took paid off. I proved to you that I wasn't a mistake, and you proved to me that you weren't a mistake. And I love you for that.

                   Robelle, from the deepest recesses of my soul, with my scarred, aching, weary, tired body, with all that I was, am, and will ever be, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment